Monday, May 4, 2015

Boot / Trunk light

The other day I noticed that there is a light in the boot of my current Matiz. There wasn't one in my previous M100 Matiz. It didn't appear to work, so today I decided to investigate. The side panel on which the light is located wasn't secured in properly. I had wondered if it had been replace from a higher specification model like a SE plus. It supposed to have a screw and several clips holding it in. I removed the screw and the one remaining clip and I was surprised and happy to see that there was wiring for the lamp. The next thing was to see if it was a blown bulb. It looked similar to the interior courtesy festoon, one of which I had replaced on one of my earlier Matiz's so I removed this and placed it in the lamp holder and it illuminated immediately. The festoon was a slightly different size to the one in boot, so I went on the interweb to find a replacement. After a bit of searching I found this... There is quite a long lead time on this bulb, it must be coming from abroad. When I get the new bulb I will do a photo story of my replacement of the bulb. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment